To ensure a safer and pleasant experience for all participants, CEC
will be implementing COVID-19 policies during Cross Egypt Challenge
1. The orientation meetings on the first day of CEC are cancelled and
will be held online via Zoom on Saturday, September 25th, 2021. All
participants should attend the online meeting to meet the other team
members, the crew, and know everything related to their CEC experience.
2. All CEC agreements, including vehicle rental agreements and photo
release will be sent to all participants electronically prior to the
challenge. They will be requested to review them, and sign them online.
3. Cross World Challenges istransforming all its paper work into
digital format, therefore all event related materials and e-guides will
be sent to the participants digitally by email prior to the online
orientation meeting. Participants will need to save a copy on their
smart phone, or hand-held device to access during the challenge.
4. Cross world Challenges encourages all participants to receive
their COVID-19 vaccination prior to traveling to Egypt and taking part
in CEC. We are doing every effort to vaccinate our entire team so we
have a much safer environment during CEC.
5. For those traveling internationally, traveling to Egypt requires
you to perform a PCR test before your arrival. In addition to that,
Cross world Challenges will perform a rapid PCR test for all
participants and crew members on the first day of the challenge
(orientation day). In the case a particpants test results are positive,
they unfortunately won’t be able to take part in CEC 2021, and must
arrange for a quarantine option at their own expense.
6. For those participants staying in double or triple sharing rooms,
Cross World Challenges encourages them to upgrade to single room to
avoid much contact with other individuals during the challenge. Upgrade
prices are listed on our website under the FEES section.
7. All CEC lunches will consist of packed food items and/or fruits,
no loose food will be served.
8. All participants and team members are strictly required to wear
masks during morning briefs, lunch stops, fuel stops, hotel check-ins,
hotel check-outs or during any gathering with other riders without any
9. Cross World Challenges will ask hotels to provide breakfasts and
dinners in an open-air setting to avoid poor ventilation inside
restaurants. In the case a hotel cannot facilitate this, please pick up
your dinner and eat outside in a terrace or a garden if available.
10. All pre and post challenge optional tours have been cancelled for
2021, Cross World Challenges will only run optional tours in some
destinations during CEC.
11. During morning briefs, lunch stops, and fuel stops, participants
must maintain a safe distance of not less than 6 feet (2 meters) with
12. Participants must always remember to wash their hands frequently
with soap and water, or with a hand sanitizer.
12. Even if a participant is fully vaccinated, the above policies are
mandatory to follow. Failure to follow any or all of the above, will
unfortunately force us to immediately terminate the participant's
participation in CEC 2021.
Your safety and the safety of all other participants is our top
priority at these difficult times. We appreciate your understanding!